Like many countries in the world there is a big distinction between the capital city and the rest of the country. For this reason, you must plan your stay beforehand at any hotel in Panama City.
We will break this review down into two sections
- Stating outside of Panama City – known as the Interior
- Staying inside Panama City to explore the city itself and the various day tours that can be made
The Panama Interior
There are basically two different types of vacations – on the sea or on the land
On the Sea
There are five different destinations:
- The Pearl Islands is a group of 200 or morebeautiful islands and islets lying about 30 miles off the Pacific coast of Panama in the Gulf of Panama. There is also excellent fishing and whale watching here. These are mostly ininhabited and can be reached from Panama City by ferry or air
- Pacific beach resorts. These are situated about 90 minutes from Panama City by car. Most are all-inclusive and the JW Marriott is by far the best
- Pedasí, Los Santos is located about 5 hours drive from Panama City. It has a very famous area about 20 kilometers away called Playa Venao which is famous for surfing.
- Bocas del Toro is situated on the Caribbean coast and is best reached by plane from Panama City
- The San Blas islands are a group of islands in the archipelago de San Blas, located in the Northwest of Panama facing the Caribbean Sea. There are 378 islands within the archipelago and they are scattered around in an area of about 100 square miles. These are best reached by plane or by sea
On the Land
There are three different destinations which will allow you to escape from the heat of the coastline:
- Boquete is a small town on the Caldera River, in western Panama. The surrounding Chiriquí Highlands are home to coffee plantations and the Barú Volcano National Park, to the west. forest.
- El Valle de Antón, this picturesque town is nestled in the crater of a huge extinct volcano, and ringed by verdant forests and jagged peaks.
- Bird watching Panama is very popular with a huge selection in tropical rain forest with a huge flora and fauna
Staying in Panama City
Best Day Trips
We would suggest:
- Visit to the Indigenous traditional village of the Embera tribe, deep in the rain forest of Panama.
- Partial Canal Transit
- Panama Canal Railway journey combined by tour to histotical Portabello and San Lorenzo Spanish sightseeing
Around the city
It is easy and cheap to travel around Panama City by taxi or Uber. You can visit:
- The Canal
- Casco Viejo
- Panama Viejo
- New City Centre
- Even a day trip to The Pearl Islands
So how long to stay in an hotel in Panama City
Three nights will be long enough to explore the city itself with additional days required to undertake day trips.
Our hotel and Happy Landing Travel Agency will be more than happy to give you all the advice that you require to enjoy Panama to its fullest.
Contact us for more information about our hotel in Panama City.