Location, Location, Location: Panama city old town hotel
Casa Antigua Panama is the best located hotel in Panama City. Panama city old town hotel is located at the entrance to Casco Viejo, which was was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997, Hotel Casa Antigua has the following location advantages:
- Located in a very safe part of the old town, just a few minutes’ walk to all of the attractions
- A minute walk to the Cinta Costera – the amazing 5km costal strip in Panama City
- No need to travel all the way through the old town when taking a taxi to the many amazing sights in Panama City
Casco Viejo – The Old Town in Panama City
Casco Viejo is the historic district and cultural gem of Panama City. The old town was established around 1673 by the Spanish colonialists, the Catholic Church, and other settlers.
Historically one of the richest and most densely populated neighborhoods in the Americas, Casco Viejo went on to experience decades of neglect around the 1950s but is now being restored to its original architectural beauty.
Cathedrals and churches and churches in the main squares have been painstakingly restored and crumbling buildings have been converted into chic apartment blocks, amazing restaurants with cuisine from all around the world, sophisticated rooftop bars and designer hotels.
Next door to a remodeled building you can still find buildings in disrepair.
Cinta Costera – Coastal Belt
From the Cinta Costera you can view the amazing Panama City skyline, look at the huge ships waiting to transit the Panama Canal from the Pacific Ocean and take some much-needed exercise by foot, push bike or skateboard.
Five minutes’ walk from hotel Casa Antigua you can enjoy super fresh fish that have just been landed at the famous fish market restaurant which won’t break the bank.
Panama City Attractions
There are so many things to in Panama City – some of the best are:
- Panama Canal – transit the canal by boat, take the canal railway to the Atlantic side or see the ships in the locks at Miraflores
- Panama Viejo – the original Panama City that was destroyed by Henry Morgan – visit the ruins inside the new Panama City was never rebuilt
- Amador Causeway – connecting the small islands of Naos, Perico and Flamenco. It is a great place to relax, take a boat trip and watch the ships enter and exit the canal
Come visit our Panama city old town hotel, for more information click here