After many delays, the Amador Convention Centre will this month open for business. Giving Panama, at the hub of the Americas, a truly world class center for recreational and commercial events. Casa Antigua Hotel is near Amador Convention Centre.
It is located very close to the entrance of the Panama Canal and the Biomuseo, offering splendid views, the work with an investment of 193.7 million dollars, has a unique, avant-garde, functional design, with modern decoration and the latest technology for congresses and conventions.
The complex consists of 3 buildings connected by conditioned corridors and roofs that will allow the realization of events of great magnitude using the totality of 30,000 m2 dedicated to the exhibition area, with a capacity of 25,000 people, standing out as the largest and most complete convention center in Central America.
Its minimalist and functional design includes 3 rooms for fairs and exhibitions totaling a total exhibition area of 15,000 m2, divisible into three large rooms, four areas of 2,300 m2 meeting rooms divisible into 16 meeting rooms, 4000 banquet hall m2 divisible into three small rooms, with comfortable areas of management, rest, loading of goods, a large central lobby, pre-function areas with 12,000 m2 and parking for 1,716 automobiles and 30 buses.
Upcoming Events at the Amador Convention Centre
The following concerts are scheduled for the Amador Convention Centre in the next few months and you can be sure that there will be a raft of world famous acts:
- Sat, Aug 17 9:00 PM Don Omar en El Choli Se Muda a Panama City
- Thu, Aug 29 9:00 PM Chayanne
- Sat, Aug 14 5:00 PM LA TIERRA DEL PARKIN
- Thu, Sep 19 9:00 PM MORAT
- Thu, Oct 31 REO Speedwagon
In addition to concerts there will be many domestic and international trade fairs, conventions and meetings held in the facility.
Where to stay in Panama?
There are not many hotels really close to Amador Convention Centre, with the 3 star Radisson probably being the closest.
So, visitors to the Amador Convention Centre, whether for business or pleasure, will have two main choices:
- The new city with its range of top-class chain hotels including the Waldorf, Marriott, Inter-Continental or Hilton
- The Unesco rated old town with its range of charming boutique hotels
Casco Viejo Hotels
If you only have a few days in Panama City – then the place to stay is Casco Viejo.
Casco Viejo is the historic district and cultural gem of Panama City. The old town was established around 1673 by the Spanish colonialists, the Catholic Church, and other settlers. As well as the historical attractions, it is the center of nightlife in Panama City with many top-quality restaurants and bars.
Casa Antigua Hotel Panama
The only downside of Casco Viejo is the slow-moving traffic through the cobbled streets.
If you want to avoid this problem stay at the Casa Antigua Panama which is the best located hotel in Panama City. The hotel is located at the entrance to Casco Viejo, has the following location advantages:
- Located in a very safe part of the old town, just a few minutes’ walk to all of the attractions.
- A minute walk to the Cinta Costera – the amazing 5km costal strip in Panama City.
- No need to travel all the way through the old town when taking a taxi to the many amazing sights in Panama City.