Requirements to get married in Panama
For a the wedding ceremony to be legal then you must reside in Panama for 20 days before your wedding takes place. The fee for a legal ceremony is $400 USD.
The application must be completed before the competent court for the jurisdiction where at least one of the individuals lives.
- Health Certificate for both parties, which includes
- General Medical Exam
- lab tests: VDRL (Venereal Disease Research Laboratory), Biometría hemática (Complete Blood Count), Electroforesis de hemoglobin (Hemoglobin Electrophoresis), Urinalysis, HIV/AIDS test
- The health certificate must be issued within the 15 days prior to the ceremony by a registered physician. The fee is $200 USD.
- Birth Certificate, issued in your country of origin.
- Birth Certificates of existing children of either party.
- Divorce certificate or death certificate, if either party is divorced or widowed
- Passport with corresponding visa
- Divorce certicates
- Statement that you are single signed by two unrelated witnesses
- Signed declaration by both parties (on a form provided by the court) expressing their intention to marry and with the following information:
- Full name
- Marital Status
- Domecile or residence of future spouses
- Domecile or residence of their parents
Destination wedding in Panama
Panama is the ideal place for a destination wedding with
- Fantastic range of hotels with indoor and outdoor spaces
- Many things to visit including the amazing Panama Canal
- Easy to fly to with many direct flights from Europe, north and south America
- Churches with spectacular architecture
- Cheaper options to reduce your budget
Hire a wedding planner
This will help with the coordination not only of the wedding ceremony but of all other activities for your guests such as transportation, bookings, rehearsal dinner, tours, etc
If you are planner a Catholic wedding, it is also really important to book the venue and the church in advance.
Like any wedding, the costs will depend on how exquisite the tastes and expectations of the couple and also the number of guests.
Good suppliers require at least 50% of the services paid to schedule the event.
Best time of the year to get married in Panama
Although Panama is hot all year round, it rains, like in any tropical region, for 8 months of the year. If you want an outdoor wedding in Panama then it would be best to do it between January and April, which is the dry season with cooling winds blowing from the north.
The rains get progressively worse from May and October and November should not be considered. The other months only have thunderstorms which may cause your wedding to be delayed for an hour while the storms clear up. Note that a one-hour delay in Panama is considered to be very much on-time!